This project aims to support the modernization of the educational and training system in the two and three year’s vocational education. The implementation of the project is carried out through two contracts: Twinning and Supply contracts.
Brief description – Twinning
The overall objective of the project is to contribute to the modernization of the educational and training system through reforms in the Vocational Education and Training.
The purpose of the project is to support the modernization of the educational system in the 2- and 3-years vocational education according to the labour market needs and the European standards.
- 25 standards for vocational qualifications for the 2- and 3- year vocational education are prepared.
- 12 curricula in the 2- and 3-year vocational education are reformed.
- Training of Trainers for vocational training in the 2- and 3- year vocational education is conducted.
- Ministry of Education and Science;
- Centre for Vocational Education and Training;
- Vocational schools.
Component 1: Preparation of standards for vocational qualifications and reform of the curricula for the 2- and 3- year vocational education
The following activities are envisioned within this component:
- Establishing of the working groups for preparation of standards for vocational qualification for the 2- and 3- year vocational education;
- Preparation of standards for vocational qualification for the 2- and 3- year vocational education;
- Establishing the working groups for reform of the curricula in the 2- and 3- year vocational education;
- Reformation and adaptation of curricula in the 2- and 3- year vocational education.
Component 2: Training of trainers of vocational training
The following activities are envisaged within this component:
- Development of the training needs analysis;
- Development of training strategy and training action plan;
- Production of training materials;
- Training the trainers of vocational training on the implementation of prepared standards and reformed curricula.
The final beneficiary institution of this Twinning project is the Centre for Vocational Education and Training, and it is implemented in cooperation with the partner-Institute of the Republic of Slovenia for Vocational Education and Training.
Brief description – Supply
The Supply contract will support the purchase and update of the teaching equipment for vocational training related to the implementation of the reformed curricula.
- 2-year vocational schools;
- 3-year vocational schools.
Twinning Project “Support to the Modernisation of the Educational and Training System” was launched on 3rd November 2011. The purpose of the project is to support the modernisation of the educational system in 2- and 3-year vocational education according to the labour market needs and European standards. The modernisation of the two and three year programmes will ensure young people with qualifications that will meet the labour market needs and demands and will prevent early school leaving. The secondary schools providing VET across the country, the Centre for VET and the Macedonian business community will benefit directly from this project.