MULTI-ANNUAL OPERATIONAL PROGRAMME FOR HUMAN RESOURES DEVELOPMENT 2007-2013
The Multi-Annual Operational Programme “Human Resoures Development” (hereinafter referred to as OP HRD) of the Republic of Macedonia is a document for implementation of the national and European strategic priorities prepared in line with the new Instrument for Pre-Accession (IPA) established by Council Regulation (EC) 1085/2006 of 17 July 2006. It acts as a funds delivery framework, co-financed jointly by the Instrument for Pre-Accession and the national budget during the programming period 2007 – 2013, with three programme frameworks for the financial indications for the periods 2007-2009, 2010-2011 and 2012-2013, covering the territory of the whole country.
The overall strategic objective of IPA Human resource development component is to foster the development of human resources, in particular by improving the quantity and quality of human capital, leading to more and better jobs, higher growth and development and the increased national competitiveness at international level.
OP HRD objective was established on the basis of the socio-economic analysis in the field of the human resources development and includes a strategy defining the priorities and objectives as well as a description of the priorities and measures. It aims at addressing the following identified weaknesses:
- Low employment and high unemployment especially long-term unemployment;
- Rise of unemployment among disadvantage groups in labour market (ethnic communities which are not majorities in the country (hereinafter “ethnic communities”), women, disabled, young people, older) and their exposure to social exclusion;
- Mismatch between the relevant educational profiles and the labour market needs and demands;
- Early school leaving, unsatisfactory level of adult literacy;
- Low level of funding for active employment policy.
IPA Human Resources Development component supports the Republic of Macedonia in policy development, as well as preparation for the implementation and management of the Community’s cohesion policy, in particular the European Social Fund. Within the Human Resources Development component MIPD 2007-2009 specifies three priorities:
- Employment – Attracting and retaining more people in employment;
- Education and training – Investing in human capital through better education and training;
- Social inclusion – Promoting an inclusive labour market.
There are two multi-annual programming documents in the area of human resource development component: Strategic Coherence Framework and the OP HRD itself, both covering the three separate filed of intervention over the period 2007-2013: Employment, Education and training and Social Inclusion.
OP HRD 2007-13 has been prepared by the Ministry of Labour and Social Policy (MLSP) and Ministry of Education and Science (MES) in close collaboration with all relevant agencies and institutions including the social partners and NGOs. Active participation of all stakeholders ensures ownership of the programme as it is an inevitable condition for successful implementation phase.
This Operational Programme is implemented through decentralized management and managed by the Operating Structure set up within the Ministry of Finance. MLSP and MES are responsible institutions for the programming and technical implementation of the programme.