Project Starting Date: 1 March 2015
Project End Date: 30 June 2017
Project Budget: € 2.016.205,14
Contractor: Employment Service Agency of the Republic of Macedonia (ESARM)
- Employers who will accept unemployed young people on internship;
- Employers who will accept unemployed people on training;
- Employers who will employ unemployed people within the project.
To integrate young people, long-term unemployed and women on the labour market.
To increase employability of unemployed young people, long-term unemployed and women by increasing their competences (knowledge, skills and attitudes).
- 1500 young person’s up to the age of 29 have improved their employment perspectives through internship; 30% of them got employed;
- 500 unemployed persons have acquired specific professional skills through in-work trainings; 50% of them got employed;
- 2000 unemployed persons attended general skills trainings; 70% of them have acquired general skills (language and IT skills);
- Approximately 720 unemployed persons trained for work skills demanded in the labour market; 70% of them have acquired specific professional skills demanded on the labour market;
- At least 30% of participants in the project got employed under labour relation contract or equivalent arrangement twelve months after leaving the action;
- At least 10% of the participants continued the training, after finishing the participation in the project activities from the funds not belonging to the project.
- Unemployed young person’s up to the age of 29 registered at ESARM as active job seekers
(at least 70% of all men and women participating in the project activities should belong to the age group 15-29);
- Long-term unemployed persons (who have been unemployed more than 1 year) registered as active job seekers
(at least 80% of all men and women participating in the project activities should be long-term unemployed, 1 year and more);
- Unemployed women aged 15-64, registered as active job seekers
(at least 60% of all participants in the project activities should be women);
- Unemployed with no adequate professional qualifications and lacking basic skills, registered at ESARM as active job seekers.
Key project activities:
Component 0 – Project Management
This component comprises planning, securing and managing resources which are essential to bring about successful completion of project objectives and results.
Component 1 – Practical trainings for unemployed
Subcomponent 1.1 – Internship as Support to Employment of Young people up to the age of 29
The objective is to improve the employment perspectives of young people, while reflecting the current labour market needs. More specifically, unemployed persons up to the age of 29 will be involved in the internship programme for the purpose of acquiring first working experience.
A 1.1: Selection of employers
A 1.2: Selection of participants (interns) and signature of internship contracts
A 1.3: Implementation of internship contracts
Subcomponent 1.2 – Trainings for Skills Demanded by a Specific Employer
The objective is to train unemployed persons for specific professional skills corresponding to the employers’ needs in order to improve their employment perspectives and to become employed. More specifically, unemployed persons with low or irrelevant skills will be involved in trainings for skills demanded by specific employers.
A 2.1: Selection of employers
A 2.2: Selection of unemployed people and mediation according to the employers demands
A 2.3: Signing the contracts
A 2.4: Implementing training
Component 2 – Trainings for General Skills
The objective of this component is to help unemployed persons acquire soft skills which will help them improve their competitiveness on the labour market.
The following trainings for general skills will be organized to improve the employability of unemployed:
- Trainings in foreign language skills – basic and advanced courses;
- Training in ICT basic skills – trainings for standard computer applications such as word processing, spreadsheets, databases, information storage and management, Internet and communication via electronic media (e-mail, network tools).
A 3.1: Selection of training providers and creation of catalogue of trainings
A 3.2: Selection of trainees and issuing vouchers
A 3.3: Implementation of trainings
Component 3 – Trainings for Skills Demanded on the Labour Market
The objective of this component is to train long-term unemployed persons for professional skills demanded on the labour market.
The following trainings for skills demanded on the labour market will be organized to improve the employability of unemployed:
- Trainings in Advanced IT Skills (JAVA and MCSD);
- Trainings for professional skills demanded on the labour market regarding the results of ESA’s Skill Needs Analysis on the Labour Market.
A 4.1: Selection of training providers
A 4.2: Selection of trainees and signing a Statement of Agreement for participation
A 4.3: Implementation of training contracts